ERIC supplies the following guidance to assist writers write an abstract of maximum value to users. Writers ought to follow this guidance, and view our video “Tips and greatest techniques for Writing ERIC Abstracts.”
An abstract is a succinct summary of a bigger work, typically written in one paragraph of 150 to 500 terms. Its function is always to assist visitors quickly discern the reason and content associated with the work. Material presented to ERIC must consist of an abstract written in English. Accuracy, brevity, and clarity would be the ABCs of composing good abstract.
- Make use of whom, exactly exactly just what, whenever, where, why, just exactly how, and “just what exactly” method of handling the primary elements in your abstract.
- Utilize words that are specific expressions, ideas, and key words from your own paper.
- Use precise, clear, descriptive language, and compose from a goal in place of evaluative perspective.
- Write concisely, but in complete sentences.
- Utilize simple language, don’t use jargon, plus don’t utilize acronyms with the exception of widely used terms (then determine the acronym the very first time utilized). (more…)